Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

What I've Been working on this week

So This week I decided to do a post on what I've done in general vs one specific thing. So today I give you Jack Frost and some hugging people.


With this drawing comes an interesting story full of indecisiveness. My family and I were watching a movie and I was bored so I decided I would draw something. It started out as... well I don't even know what it was supposed to be. But I could't get the pose to work so I erased it all. Then I thought about the movie Rise of the Guardians. I tried to do the pose when he was on the fence with his staff on his shoulders but I couldn't get the angle right so I started over once again. This time I thought I would still try Jack. I thought I might have him looking down at Sandy like he did with Jamie. I don't know why I just wanted to. And then I don't know what happened, I think he was looking too far up or I didn't really want to draw Sandy so I ended up drawing the scene when he was playing the the dream sand in the movie. And looking at it now, it probably looks like I used a reference but I didn't.

This one is a drawing I did on my tablet. I just got it so I'm still getting used to it but I don't think this one looks half bad. I had drawn the same image earlier that day in pencil so I already had an idea of what to do. And by the way this is not my own idea and poses and stuff. I watched Mark Crilley's video on how to draw people hugging for my art project. He's awesome, you should check him out.

So... post a comment of a request you may have and let me know what you thought of this post. Do you guys think I should post some more stuff like this? Oh! And I almost forgot. At the top left hand corner is a quick sketch of Scout in her Ham suit from the book To Kill a Mockingbird. I was inspired after that chapter. Well Have a nice rest of the week! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment