Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Annabeth Chase

Annabeth is a character from Percy Jackson. She is the daughter of Athena and super smart (which is kinda a given). She and Percy have known each other since the first book and she is the first person he meets who is a demigod at camp half-blood. And the first thing she ever says to him is when he wakes up from being knocked out for two days is "You drool in your sleep." The beginning of a great romance.

I found another one of Viria's drawings and fell in love and had to draw it! This isn't typically what she looks like. Viria wanted to make Annabeth look more girly and this is one of the drawings she came up with.

I am not going to draw the arm or the word Chase (her last name) and I will recreate the rest of the hair on my own.

As always I start with the eyes. Because we are aiming for more "girly" they will be more pointed on the edges and also thicker. Probably because of all that mascara girls are cursed to wear. 


Next I will draw the nose and her eyebrows. In Viria's drawing I think Annabeth is giving Percy that weird eyebrow thing. Later on I will change the eyebrows so they don't look like that. 

Now I will draw her face. 


Now here are the first few lines of her hair and her lips. I am going to say in advance I love how wavy her hair is!!!


Here is the rest of the hair that was shown in the picture. From here on I am drawing it on my own with the exception of here eyes.


 So here is my attempt at finishing her hair and drawing here irises.


Here I shaded in the eyes. Some tips, find the highlight and draw a circle around it as to not shade it accidentally. The outline her pupil and shade the entire iris the lightest color and then go back and shade in the darker areas.


And finally finishing the shading in her hair and shirt. (Yes I gave her an owl necklace, there is nothing wrong with that) 

Hope you enjoyed this How to Draw session or whatever you would call it. Comment what you think I should draw next! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for making these step by step how to draw posts. They are helping to improve how I draw eyes. Also could you please draw a few characters from the show Adventure Time. Thanks keep up the good work I love your blog!! :D

    ReplyDelete