Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Grell, How to Shade

So this post is going to be specifically on how to shade. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before or not, but I have started watching Black Butler and it is fantastic! However it is also really creepy. So anyway when I was in class today I randomly thought of that show and so I searched up a picture to draw and then I saw one of Grell and so I thought, hey I've drawn Sebastian and Ciel quite a few times, so why not Grell. And so I decided to also make it a blog post of mine.

Credit to: ensacarmexico.com

So here is the picture I am going to be drawing, I apologize its backwards, my computer was being weird and didn't want to flip the picture around. Also I had to kind of improv the top of his hair cuz you can't see it.


So here is the outline that I had and this is what we are going to start with today.


So the first thing I do is shade all of the hair the lightest tone that there is, not including the highlight.


So to get the highlight what I do it take an eraser and treat it like a pencil and "draw" in the highlight. I also rubbed the side of the eraser to make it have a pointier edge so that the line wasn't too thick. Then I added some shadow in the hair. The shadow can be found under the spikes of hair and the hair behind his neck. 


Finally we add the facial shading. There is some under his nose, right at his jaw line and where his eyelids and eyebrows are. And don't forget under the hair as well. 

Well I hope this helped you guys, please if you have any suggestions please post a comment below, I have a request for chibi Avengers right now and I will hopefully have that done for next week. Would you guys want it to be another how to draw post? Let me know! I hope you guys had a wonderful week and that next week doesn't suck too much for you. See you next time :D

No comments:

Post a Comment