Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Raven's Gate

So, as I said before I will have the occasional book review. Now here is my first for this blog! So my brother somehow got me to read this book called Raven's gate. It's a really interesting book about powers and evil magical people and things.... Lots of death and destruction which is always good and lots of other fun stuff. So I guess I should say what actually happens in the book. Well, its about a kid named Mathew Freeman and his parents died when he was six or around that age. Ever since then he lived with his mothers step sister who never really talked to their family. Well anyway she is a terrible parent and being with her made Matt do all kinds of bad things like skipping school and shop lifting and stuff like that. But then it went really wrong when he and his "friend" go out to steal DVDs I think it was. Well it doesn't go as planned and his friend ends up stabbing a guard there. Matt gets blamed and is given the choice between a foster program called the LEAF project for delinquents or jail. And let me just say when you read the blurb it says "he should have chosen jail" at first your like, psh yeah right, how can a fostering program be worse than jail? But then you finish it and you'll be like "Holy crap what is wrong with these people! Jail would have been nothing compared to this!!!!" So the women he gets fostered too is slightly off her nut. She works him tirelessly everyday and is supposed to send him to school but doesn't. When the director in charge of the LEAF goes to report her he dies in a car explosion on the highway. Huh, now how did THAT happen? *whispers* conspiracy. So a different guy tries to help him and says, meet me at my house and i'll explain everything. So he goes the next morning and finds him dead and brutally murdered and in green paint written on the wall it says RAVENS GATE. Very creepy indeed. So he tries to run away in search of what Raven's gate is and everyone who helps him dies and there is obviously some magic stuff happening. One last person comes to his aid and they go on this mini quest to find out what it is. Once they find out many more people are out to kill them both and well, you'll just have to read the book to find out the rest. 





And because I really liked this book I drew the main character in my own style but how he is described in the second book. (Yes that is a scar on his cheek) So here he is in his little school uniform and long hair. I'm really happy because I feel like i've really gotten down how to draw guys hair which is something i've struggled with for a while. So Yey! If you have request for an anime/cartoon character you want to be drawn post in the comments and let me know! :D

Also for cool and funny posts, drawings etc. go to this cite! She is a cool person I know who is really good at drawing and is super awesome, so go check her out!

2 comments:

  1. That does sound really good!!! And that one monologue today is really similar to what the book is about!!! GREAT drawing!!! :D You should draw..... ROBIN (from teen titans)!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To all recently published comments, I will try my best to draw your requests but they might not come out right away, so please be patient with me :)

    ReplyDelete